Terms & Conditions
1. High Sierra Auto Transport is a licensed and bonded freight broker. We are responsible for booking the transport of motor vehicles with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier. Our contract is fulfilled once a carrier has been assigned.
2. The carriers responsibility begins when the shipper or his/her agent signs the bill of lading at pick up and ends when the shipper or his/her agent signs the bill of lading at delivery.
3. If a carrier is sent out and the vehicle isn’t ready as indicated by the shipper there will be an additional $50.00 rescheduling fee. High Sierra Auto Transport must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pick up or delivery, the shipper must have an alternate representative take his/her place as shipper. If for any reason the vehicle becomes unavailable during a scheduled pick up window, after an order has been placed and a carrier has been assigned, High Sierra Auto transport has the right to cancel the order with no refund.
4. High Sierra Auto Transport offers door to door service whenever possible. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, the shipper must make every reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location.
5. All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due shall be paid by CASH or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (US funds).
6. A $150.00 non-operational fee will be charged for all non-running vehicles. This will be included in the final quote received from High Sierra Auto Transport. If the vehicle becomes non-operational during transport, this fee will be applied to the original quote.
7. It is the shipper’s responsibility to make sure that their vehicle is ready for transport and in proper working order. SEE vehicle shipping checklist.
8. Federal regulation prohibits the transport of personal belongings, by an auto transporter. In the event that personal items are shipped inside the vehicle, such items become the sole responsibility of the shipper. Personal items are not covered by the carriers insurance and the shipper may incur additional fees at the carrier’s discretion.
9. Vehicles being transported are covered by the carriers’ cargo insurance. This covers any damage that was not marked on the bill of lading during the pick up inspection and is caused as a direct result of the drivers actions. High Sierra Auto Transport or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, Extreme weather conditions (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons.
10. In the event of any damage caused by the carrier, all remaining balances must be paid, in full, to initiate a claim with the carrier’s insurance company. Damage must be noted on the carrier’s bill of lading.
11. It is the shipper’s responsibility to notify High Sierra Auto transport and it’s agents of any damage, by phone or email within 24 hours. High Sierra Auto Transport will put you in contact with the carrier’s insurance agent and assist you as much as possible if such an incident occurs. High Sierra Auto Transport and its agents will, in no way, be held responsible for any negligence on behalf of the carrier. High Sierra Auto Transport will, in no way, be held responsible for damage, of any kind, to the vehicle in question.
12. High Sierra Auto Transport can only be liable for the amount of the deposit noted on the final invoice. High Sierra Auto Transport shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Washoe County, Reno, Nevada. Shipper specifically waives any rights to judicature of this matter at any other location.
13. The shipper has the right to cancel an order at anytime. Cancellations must be submitted in writing by fax or email. If a cancellation is submitted, prior to a carrier being assigned, the deposit will be refunded, less a $50.00 administration fee. If a cancellation is submitted after a carrier has been assigned, the full amount of the deposit will then be non-refundable, as High Sierra Auto Transport has fulfilled their contractual agreement.
14. If the full balance of COD is not paid by or at time of delivery the driver will deliver the said vehicle to the nearest storage facility at the customers expense until all balances are brought current
15. By either submitting your order online, by phone, fax or email, High Sierra Auto Transport understands that you are placing your order and that you accept the terms and conditions ( in lieu of your signature) found here on High Sierra Auto Transport’s website.